THE Y IS PROUD TO BE A COMMUNITY LEADER IN HEALTH AND SAFETY.
When you visit the Y, some of the first things you’ll notice are the practices we’ve put in place to help our members and guests stay healthy, active, and safe. Contactless check-in, significant disinfecting of equipment, and ample places to sanitize and wash hands are just a few of the measures we’re taking.
Please review the full list of protocols below. This information is subject to change at any time.
Our focus is maintaining safe YMCA membership, child care, programming, and health and wellness operations while adjusting mitigation strategies given local data from the CDC’s Data Tracker. YMCA Leadership considers the data and implement any changes based on that data.
Face masks are optional for members, guests, and participants who visit the YMCA and participate in programming.
Important note: Members, guests, participants, and staff will not be asked to provide proof of vaccination upon entry to the Y; however, we ask that the YMCA’s core values of caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility remain central as you consider your visits to the Y.
WHAT THE Y IS DOING
- Self-check-in: Members will be asked to self-check-in using their YMCA membership card. This allows for limited contact entry.
- Enhanced cleaning: YMCA staff frequently clean and disinfect all equipment.
- Physical distancing: We ask all members, guests, and staff to maintain 6 feet of physical distancing between themselves and others.
- Day passes: Day Passes are available at this time.
- Age requirements: Anyone 10 and under must have a parent with them in the building.
WHAT YOU CAN DO
- Stay home if you’re sick.
- Clean equipment before and after use. Reduce the risk of exposure by wiping equipment down before and after your workout. Additional disinfecting sprays and paper towels have been placed throughout the building for your convenience.
- Wash your hands before and after each activity.