Embrace The Challenge and Join Our 100-mile Swim Club
January 1 - December 31
Embark on a year-long swimming challenge to achieve 100 miles! Open to all skill levels and techniques. Recognition and prizes await those who conquer this aquatic feat.
- Must be 16 or older to participate and a member of the Kandiyohi County Area YMCA
- Any type of swimming stroke can be used
- Floatation devices may be used (float belts, kick boards, etc.)
- Record your miles on the “100 Mile Swim Club” chart
How far is a mile?
- Length: one end of the pool to the other (25 yards)
- Lap: down and back (50 yards)
- 1 mile: 64 lengths or 32 laps (1,800 yards)
- 100 miles: 7200 lengths or 3600 laps (180,000 yards)
- 1 Aqua Fit Class = 1 mile
$30 per person