For A Better Us
Imagine going to work knowing that what you do each day positively affects the lives of the people in your community. Working at the Y, you'll soon discover more than a job - you'll enjoy a career with a future and the opportunity to make a lasting difference in the lives of those around you.
Take the first steps to join our team by completing the short application on this page or filling out the full employment application below. Upon completing the application, download it to your computer and email it to Karla Nelson, Finance & HR Director, at email@example.com.
The Aquatics Director Ensures programs and services meet community needs including supervising existing program activities, establishing new program activities, and expanding the program within the community as needed.
The YMCA Child Care Centers are currently accepting applications for Teacher qualified staff to work in various classrooms. We have full and part-time positions available. Please contact Karla Nelson at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Under the direction of the Program Director, plans and implements program activities that are culturally relevant, developmentally appropriate and consistent with YMCA values.
- Leads and participates in a range of activities in a variety of outdoor/indoor settings.
- Follows YMCA policies and procedures, including those related to medical and disciplinary situations, child abuse prevention and emergencies.
- Cultivates positive relationships and maintains effective communication with parents, children and other staff. Models relationship-building skills in all interactions.
- Assume other duties, responsibilities and projects identified as needed by the employee and approved and/or assigned by supervisor.
1. Planning, coordinating, implementing, and evaluating Active Older Adult (AOA) programs
2. Managing Wellness Desk and staff 3. Achieving budget, reach, and volunteer engagement goals
4. Managing and supporting AOA volunteers
5. Submitting required reports and completing assignments professionally and on time
6. Creating an infrastructure for program delivery
7. Establishing, implementing, and maintaining community partnerships
8. Ensuring appropriate staffing, when necessary
We are looking for individuals who are responsible, courteous, and have a passion for water safety!
Lifeguards provide direct supervision of the pool and provide a safe, enjoyable experience for all swimmers. Rules will be enforced in a polite, fair, and consistent manner, focusing on safety and YMCA's core values.
Red Cross or YMCA Lifeguard Certification is required. Have no previous lifeguard experience? No problem! Lifeguard certification is available at the Y.
Please contact Karla Nelson at email@example.com for more information.
Under the direction of the Aquatics Director, a Swim Lesson Instructor will teach swim lessons in accordance with YMCA guidelines, prepare lesson plans, and support members and program participants in achieving their goals. A Swim Lesson Instructor must be an energetic, dedicated, and motivated individual who enjoys swimming and teaching people of all ages. Please contact Karla Nelson at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
The Welcome Center Coordinator provides customer service for membership, conducts tours, and assists with program sign-up, sales, and more.