Imagine going to work knowing that what you do each day positively affects the lives of the people in your community. Working at the Y, you'll soon discover more than a job - you'll enjoy a career with a future and the opportunity to make a lasting difference in the lives of those around you.
This position supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit, charitable organization committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. The Membership Service Staff at Kandiyohi County Area Family YMCA intentionally fosters a cause-centered culture that is welcoming, genuine, hopeful, nurturing, and determined
- Previous customer service, sales or related experience.
- BLS/BFA/02 certifications required within 30 days of hire.
- Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community
- Basic knowledge of computers
The Director is responsible for the systematic development and management of Community Health & Wellness initiatives aimed at improving the overall health of the Renville County population as well as surrounding communities. This individual also serves as a liaison with community stakeholders, healthcare providers, and regulatory agencies to promote wellness interests.
• Bachelor’s degree preferably with a major in Community or Public Health, Health Education, Nutrition, Communications, or related field.
• Minimum 2 years of experience in community or health program planning and delivery
• Program evaluation aptitude including clearly communicating data summaries related to goal progress.
• Superior organizational skills with ability to organize large amounts of supporting materials, prioritize, multi-task and meet deadlines
• Adaptable, flexible, positive and poised with a desire to succeed.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills including presentations and health communications for a variety of target audiences.
• Able to function independently with projects as assigned, meeting deadlines, and prioritizing workflow and improving project or program processes.
• Ability to develop relationships with schools and other community partners with excellent follow-through regarding partnership expectations.
• Group facilitation skills with internal and external teams
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Cultural competency & a comprehensive understanding of issues of health equity, diversity and inclusion
• Ability to lift 50 pounds and be physically active loading, unloading and delivering materials to community partners and assisting with event set up and tear down.
• Valid driver’s license with access to personal vehicle for driving between office and community locations throughout the metro area
The Child Watch Attendant intentionally fosters a cause-centered culture that is welcoming, genuine, hopeful, nurturing, and determined. Primary responsibility is to ensure the health and safety of children and be engaged with them in the Child Watch area and Kids Gym at all times. Please contact Karla Nelson at email@example.com for more information.
We are looking for individuals who are responsible, courteous, and have a passion for water safety!
Lifeguards provide direct supervision of the pool and provide a safe, enjoyable experience for all swimmers. Rules will be enforced in a polite, fair, and consistent manner, focusing on safety and YMCA's core values.
Red Cross or YMCA Lifeguard Certification is required. Have no previous lifeguard experience? No problem! Lifeguard certification is available at the Y.
Please contact Karla Nelson at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Under the direction of the Aquatics Director, a Swim Lesson Instructor will teach swim lessons in accordance with YMCA guidelines, prepare lesson plans, and support members and program participants in achieving their goals. A Swim Lesson Instructor must be an energetic, dedicated, and motivated individual who enjoys swimming and teaching people of all ages. Please contact Karla Nelson at email@example.com for more information.
The Youth Sports Referee will officiate at sporting events, games, or competitions to maintain standards of play and ensure that game rules are observed. Referees judge performance in sporting competitions in order to award points, impose scoring penalties, and determine results. This position will work 2-4 games a week, possibly weeknights or Saturday mornings.
The Y is seeking dependable and enthusiastic coaches to teach basic tumbling/gymnastics to boys and girls ages 3-11 years. We need people who can communicate well with and motivate children. Coaches must be able to lift children and move mats. This position is part-time with evening hours and we can work around your school/college schedule. Whether you are an experienced Gymnastics Coach or you are interested in starting your coaching career, this is a great opportunity! Contact Mat Snider at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
The School Age Child Care Staff intentionally fosters a cause-centered culture that is welcoming, genuine, hopeful, nurturing, and determined. We are looking for fun individuals who can maintain positive relationships with children, parents, staff, and volunteers. Please contact Karla Nelson at email@example.com for more information.