This position supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit, charitable organization committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. A Teacher staff at the Kandiyohi County Area Family YMCA is responsible for assisting the Room Coordinators and contributing to the overall goals and mission of the Kandiyohi County Area Family YMCA.
Our mission and core values are brought to life by our culture. In the Y, we strive to live our cause of strengthening communities with purpose and intentionality every day. We are welcoming: we are open to all. We are a place where you can belong and become. We are genuine: we value you and embrace your individuality. We are hopeful: we believe in you and your potential to become a catalyst in the world. We are nurturing: we support you in your journey to develop your full potential. We are determined: above all else, we are on a relentless quest to make our community stronger beginning with you.
- Must possess a sincere commitment to working with children in a safe, nurturing, and developmental setting, and a desire to have a meaningful effect on their lives.
- Work with the room coordinator to implement curriculum with the appropriate and established guidelines.
- Assist room coordinators with writing and implementation weekly lesson plans.
- Help supervise indoor and outdoor activities as well as field trips.
- Be knowledgeable of and able to implement emergency procedures.
- Assist with upkeep of the facility, equipment along with the overall safety, appearance, and image of the center.
- Guide children’s behavior, using positive, consistent style – be purposeful and intentional with reinforcing character development values.
- Assist in implementing health, safety, and Department of Human Services standards
- Attend YMCA and other Childcare trainings and meet DHS requirements.
- Maintain positive relationships with members, participants and community.
- Represent the YMCA and the Childcare Center in a professional manner.
- Assume other duties, responsibilities and projects identified as needed by the employee and approved and/or assigned by supervisor.
- Functional Expertise
- Developing Self & Others
- Emotional Maturity
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Post-Secondary Education, Early Childhood Education
- Meet requirements to be teacher qualified under the Minnesota Department Of Human Services Division of Licensing for Rule 3 Child Care Licensing.
- Experience working in a child care setting preferred.
- CPR/AED/BFA certification within first 30 days of employment.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee needs sufficient strength, agility and mobility to perform essential functions and to supervise program activities in a wide variety of indoor and outdoor locations.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands and fingers to handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and the ability to talk and hear.
- The employee frequently is required to sit and reach, with hands and arms, and must be able to move around the work environment.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.