This position supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit, charitable organization committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. The Building Supervisor at Kandiyohi County Area Family YMCA intentionally fosters a cause-centered culture that is welcoming, genuine, hopeful, nurturing, and determined.
Our mission and core values are brought to life by our culture. In the Y, we strive to live our cause of strengthening communities with purpose and intentionality every day. We are welcoming: we are open to all. We are a place where you can belong and become. We are genuine: we value you and embrace your individuality. We are hopeful: we believe in you and your potential to become a catalyst in the world. We are nurturing: we support you in your journey to develop your full potential. We are determined: above all else, we are on a relentless quest to make our community stronger beginning with you.
- Provides customer service desk responsibilities for membership, conducting tours, sales, sign-up, class & program registration, equipment check in/out, towel service and locker rental. Records sales receipts, program transactions, and membership in timely accurate manner.
- Monitors assigned cash bag and completes shift in closeout.
- Provides excellent service to members, guests, and program participants in the Y and on the phone, contributing to member retention. Maintains cleanliness and organization of the building.
- Conduct interviews and/or tours responsive to the needs of prospective members; sells memberships.
- Develops and maintains positive relationships with volunteers and members and helps members connect with one another and the Y.
- Serves others by intentionally welcoming, connecting, and supporting members, and inviting them to get involved and give back to the community.
- Handles and resolves membership concerns and informs supervisor of unusual situations or unresolved issues.
- Applies all YMCA membership policies.
- Monitors the building and grounds
- Assume other duties, responsibilities and projects identified as needed by the employee and approved and/or assigned by supervisor.
- Communication & Influence
- Engaging Community
- Critical Thinking & Decision Making
- Emotional Maturity
- Previous customer service, sales or related experience.
- BLS/BFA/02 certification within first 90 days of employment.
- Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community
- Basic knowledge of computers
- Additional trainings as required by the position.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use a computer and be able to communicate using a computer and phone/smart device.
- The employee frequently is required to sit and reach, and must be able to move around the work environment.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Occasionally works in outside weather conditions.