This position supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit, charitable organization committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. The Membership Service Staff at Kandiyohi County Area Family YMCA intentionally fosters a cause-centered culture that is welcoming, genuine, hopeful, nurturing, and determined.
Our mission and core values are brought to life by our culture. In the Y, we strive to live our cause of strengthening communities with purpose and intentionality every day. We are welcoming: we are open to all. We are a place where you can belong and become. We are genuine: we value you and embrace your individuality. We are hopeful: we believe in you and your potential to become a catalyst in the world. We are nurturing: we support you in your journey to develop your full potential. We are determined: above all else, we are on a relentless quest to make our community stronger beginning with you.
- Provides customer service desk responsibilities for membership, conducting tours, sales, sign-up, class & program registration, equipment check in/out, towel service and locker rental. Records sales receipts, program transactions, and membership in timely accurate manner.
- Monitors assigned cash bag and completes shift in closeout.
- Maintains cleanliness and organization of the lobby area.
- Develops and maintains positive relationships with volunteers and members and helps members connect with one another and the Y.
- Maintain relevant knowledge of all YMCA programs and services in order to accurately inform customers of services available.
- Handles and resolves membership concerns and informs supervisor of unusual situations or unresolved issues.
- Applies all YMCA policies dealing with member services.
- Monitor the locker rooms as required.
- Assume other duties, responsibilities and projects identified as needed by the employee and approved and/or assigned by supervisor.
- Engaging Community
- Communication & Influence
- Functional Expertise
- Emotional Maturity
- Previous customer service, sales or related experience.
- CPR/AED and First Aid Certifications required within 30 days of hire.
- Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community
- Basic knowledge of computers.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use a computer for extended periods of time and be able to communicate using a computer and phone/smart device.
- The employee frequently is required to sit and reach, and must be able to move around the work environment.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.